Affordance is a private business run by Henrik Hörlin.
The core business consists of designing and manufacturing:
- Physical prototypes and short series for evaluation purposes
- Interior decoration and display objects
Secondary services includes giving consulting services regarding:
- Assistance with optimization of products, services and spaces
- Manufacturing processes and design engineering ranging from prototypes to industrial manufacture
- Lectures and educational seminars about above
I encourage you to contact me regardless of reason, I am here for you, to help you succeed.
I am a self driven team player who thrives around innovation and progressive thinking, my passion is often expressed through building new concepts but also improving on existing ones. My work methodology varies alot depending on assignment but it comes down to either creating a new a process, product or service or augmenting one that already exists to become more encompassing and/or better.
My ego and preferences have nothing to do with the assignment, all my efforts have the goal to make sure that my clients get the best solution.
I prefer meeting face to face over digital correspondence but I’m pragmatic enough to choose most efficient medium depending on circumstances.
Situations that would benefit from my presence would be:
- Research and feedback early in the design process of products or services
- Manufacture of a physical prototype for evaluation
- Consultation in manufacturing methods for physical products
Situations that would not benefit me would be:
- Front end developer for digital GUIs
- Design engineering mechanical parts for the automotive industry
- Monotonous work days in front of a computer
I have extensive experience within::
- Manufacturing in prototype workshops
- CAD-design in large companies in a consultant role
- Educating in interaction design
- Additive manufacture with 3D-printers
- Own business as interaction designer and studio engineer
I also have experience with game production, filming and editing video, concept art, photo manipulation, event planning and handyman, pyrotechnics, martial arts and more